Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

Home at last, and as good as it is to go away, it's great to be home. I had a really nice time on LI with my friend Andrea. We spent Monday in Roosevelt Field, lots of shopping there. I was so good. The only thing I bought was....Starbucks coffee. Tuesday we did go to the Hamptons and wandered in and out of shops all day. I was beat by Tuesday night. I had hoped to get an earlier flight out of Lauguardia. I got there at 1 PM for a 4 PM flight....but, due to weather in surrounding areas, there were no vacancies. I did luck out, though. I was offered a flight into Ft. Lauderdale leaving an hour before my scheduled flight (I was supposed to go into West Palm Beach), for a voucher toward a future flight plus ground transportation from FLL to PBI. The flight was great, I was taken in a private car (paid for by the airline) to PBI, and as I got there my baggage was just coming around the carousel, as my original flight had just gotten in. Ger picked me up and....here I am! It was also our third wedding anniversary. No wild celebrating though...I unpacked, we watched a little baseball and then my tired guy turned in for the night.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Welcome home :)

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Donna S. said…

    Wow! Fun! I am visiting a friend in Philly in Sept & am hoping to go into NY City for my first time!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home