Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Movie Reviews

I know, I know...what in heaven's name would make me go to see a movie titled Nacho Libre. And I had seen the previews, which really looked d-u-m-b. But...we are big movie goers and thought, perhaps, maybe....this might turn out to be a few laughs. UGH, GAG, P-U!!! This movie was so bad, so inane, so lousy that Gerry and I walked out in the middle of it. We have only done that once before...when we went to see Aquatics with Bill Murry. We SHOULD have also walked out on The Royal Tennenbaums, which is right up there as one of our most disliked movies. So take it from me, if your kids beg to see this movie, be excellent parents and say NO, NO, NO!!!! Hopefully it will go away and be forgotten...fast!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before we shamed ourselves went to see that horrible movie we spent a lovely afternoon at home. Gerry's daughter Suzzette and hubby Brian came over for dinner to celebrate Father's Day and my BD, which is on Wednesday. We watched The Greatest Game Ever Played. THAT was such a good movie.It's a good, sweet true story of a young man from the bottom of the class totem pole who opens up the prospect of playing golf for the rest of the non-upper class world.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    You couldn't drag me to see Nacho Libre - and I like Jack Black! We watched a good one today - An Unfinished Life with Robert Redford. Excellent movie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home