Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

New Way to Go

I LOVE knitting top down. I don't think I will make many more baby/toddler sweaters where I have to sew the sleeves in and the front to the back....I HATE hand sewing. For Xmas I finally got Top Down For Toddlers by Lynda & Deb Gemmell. I really think that ALL sweaters should be made this way. So...I found another pattern book...New Directions in Knitting purchased on Amazon. This book offers patterns knitted using unusual techniques such as cuff to cuff, diagonally from corner to corner, knit a cable that goes from cuff to cuff and pick up stitches to knit up and down along the cable, and yes, top down.While some of the patterns are a little dated, many are traditional or can be adapted easily to a more modern look. I am looking forward to trying some of them soon.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home