Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Knitting Right Along

I LOVE to take 4 hour car rides - we go away for the weekend AND I get some good knitting time in.
This weekend we drove to The Villages. That's in Central Florida, about 30 minutes south of Ocala. We went to see Gerry's brother Eddie and his wife Billie, and their sister-in-law Barbara. Eddie and Billie have a house that they will one day retire to, but the past two weeks they are on vacation and brought Barb with them. This time it didn't take Gerry and I over 8 hours to get there (see previous post). We got there early enough to go out to dinner with the others. Saturday was nice - the guys played a little golf and Billie and I hung out for about 90 minutes at the pool (I did get a little color). Later on we had a nice BBQ with friends of B&E. The other couple's daughter and her 4 yr old son were there. He was cute, but I don't really want to talk to anyone under 4 ft. tall on weekends. However, I couldn't help but be nice to him, and I took some time and showed Gerry's diving pix to him (Tyler). He was fascinated, and so good.
We spent the rest of the evening in....knitting while listening to TV, of course. Today we took the clan to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I was SOOO good - ate a light breakfast! Then we left, and stopped at an outlet center in Orlando where I bought some tops (at not really outlet prices) at Ann Loft Factory. Then we headed home.
On the way up I worked on the half sweater that I have been making for several weeks. I had to open the back and add to the length, and got as far as finishing one "sleeve" before I almost ran out of yarn. Judy, the proprietor of my LYS is holding another skein of the Debbie Bliss Angora Cotton for me, but...I don't know! I am not thrilled with this project and will get some opinions Tuesday evening at SnB as to how it looks and whether or not to just frog it all and call it a day.
I also worked on my WOW! chenille cardigan. I opened the back, lengthened it to match the left front and completed it. I started the right front on the ride down and I am halfway finished. The yarn is thick so it works up quickly. The only thing I don't like about this chenille is that it frays on the cut end of the yarn, and when you attach it you have to pull off the pieces of yarn and just knot the strings that it's on.
We decided on the way home to go to the movies before we got home. We went to see Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore. What a funny, good feeling movie - in spite of the fact that the Red Sox beat the Yankees at the end...ok - TRUE ending, but who wants to be reminded of THAT!!!
So - home again and it feels really good. Love to go away...but love to come home.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love long car rides purely for the knitting time. and i am oh so thankful that dh doesn't mind the driving!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home