Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Phffffft!

Tropical Storm Ernesto turned out to be nothing more than a big rain with some strong winds but nothing to worry about - at least, not here in Delray Beach. I know that some people in Broward County, where I work, had lost power for awhile, but to my knowledge, this was not a "pull out the generator and get the debris out of the street" kind of storm....thank goodness. Of course, we don't know what's around the bend, but for now, everything is good.
During my two days at home I did get to have a lovely lunch out with my son Adam on Tuesday.. We went to Brewzzis, a restaurant he used to work in in Boca Raton. After eating some delicious ahi tuna, we sat and talked first at our table, then outside on the deck area, for 3 hours. That boy love to talk (hmm, wonder where he got it from?). I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon together.
On Wednesday Adam came over and sat with Gerry and I awhile. Then Gerry took us all out to eat at Grangers, a small local bar/restaurant with good food. We eat there once or twice a week (Gerry LOVES their meatloaf special on Saturday nights). Afterward we came back to the house and Adam watched the first 3 or 4 innings of the Yankee game with us. He is a MAJOR Yankee fan - gotta love him for that (sorry, Heather). Oh, and for Heather....don't fret over the Star....eventually, they do grow up and become productive members of society! Wanna know the best part of all? Everytime we part, Adam gives me a really nice hug! Can't help it....this Mom is very touched by stuff like that!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Ugh. Yankees.

    Reading this post makes me remember there is hope. Star is currently suspended for fighting.

    I'll be on Prozac by the end of the school year, I swear.

    I'm so happy that things continue to be wonderful with Adam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home