Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hell Froze Over...AGAIN!

I can't believe that two "miracles" could happen in one year...within 3 months of each other. In May, my ex who had not spoken to me in six years, FINALLY came to terms with the fact that it's OK to speak to me...I mean, sheesh, we are both happily remarried and we DO have children together, and I am STILL part of HIS family (divorced the man, not the family), and his WIFE speaks to me....and so, it makes life much more comfortable for everyone (including me). But the second "miracle" was truly that...my son, Adam, had not spoken to me in almost 6 years. While I do remember what happened the day he stopped talking to me, I never understood it. I am not going to rehash the whole thing here....and one day he and I will sit down and discuss it. But, three weeks ago we met for lunch, set up by his ex girlfriend at his request. I went there with no expectations, no high hopes, as I had gotten my hopes up in the past and been very disappointed. This time, though, it was so nice and so comfortable. After a 4 hour lunch, as we parted, I asked if I'd see him again sometime soon and he said, "Sure, but...baby steps, Mom!" which was fine with me. The next day, however, he called and we spoke for 40 minutes. The following night we had dinner together before my knitting meeting, and Adam suggested that we have dinner that coming Sunday, and he'd meet Gerry. I was delighted, as the two of them had never met, and they are both HUGE Yankee fans. Adam came over on Sunday with a friend and we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants nearby. It was way too hot as we sat outside, but we had a nice time, and the kids came back to the house and sat and talked for a few hours more. We had rekindled our relationship (which before 6 or 7 years ago was a very close one) and I am very happy. I think that Adam is too, and I am happy about that. For those of you out there who don't know me, I am a Pollyanna...I want everyone in the world to be happy and to get along. Here is my son....he doesn't like to smile for pictures, though he should, as his whole face lights up when he does:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

    I am so happy for you!! I can only imagine how I would feel in your shoes.

    Darn, too bad there is no handbook for being a MOM!

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you! Hope you can be close again. This family stuff can be hard!! :)Donna S

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Moze said…

    That's great! Any progress is wonderful, but this much is phenomenal.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Oh Jody, that is so wonderful!! I am very happy for you.

    Well, except the Yankees part.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger starrypurplehaze said…

    That's such a wonderful turn of events for you! Yay. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home