Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Movie Review!!!

Boynton Beach (Bereavement) Club - Run, don't walk.....to see this absolutely wonderful movie. Oh....sorry.....I have a disclaimer to make. If you do not live in South Florida, you might NOT get to see this movie. I checked Manhattan, Ocala and Atlanta theater listings, and it's not there. Sucks to be you That's really a shame, because this is undoubtably one of the best comedies I have seen all year. I came across it quite by accident, while checking the movie listings Friday evening. Of course, seeing the title made me sit up and take notice. For those of you who are not aware, Boynton Beach is a city in Palm Beach County, South Florida, the city that borders where I live (Delray Beach). When I tried to read a synopsis of the story, there was none. However, when we went to movie theater, there was a movie poster on display. I recognized many of the stars: Renee Taylor, Joseph Bolognia, Dyan Cannon, Sally Kellerman, Brenda Vaccaro and more. These are all accomplished performers, and all are 50 (and many into their 60's). The next day there was an article about the movie in the local newspaper. After reading it, I had to see the movie. I took my mom. The theater was packed with seniors. I guess no one else had heard about the movie or even cared about it. Let me tell you....this was one terrific movie. While it had a few sad moments (ok, so it was sad to me...I cry for almost every movie), I laughed and laughed. If you are a senior, or have senior parents, or a relative/friend who lives in a senior community, you would truly apprecitate this movie. I really hope it is expanded to all markets. Everyone needs to realize that while seniors might have difficult issues to deal with such as loss of a long time loved one, they are active, lively, and still have wants and desires, just as us younguns do.



Image hosting by Photobucket




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home