Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

After This, I'll Need the Vacation

Image hosting by Photobucket

We are going to Hawaii next December for my 2 week vacation. I have been going NUTS making the arrangements. First, I tried to get frequent flyer seats, but there were none available for 35,000 earned miles. So I cursed and stomped my feet decided to take the seats that were 70,000 earned miles....EACH!! We do have a lot of saved miles and I have to use them some time! I was hoping to go to Hawaii using my two banked timeshare weeks, but again....nothing available (there's over a year's wait to get a place using exchanged weeks). Since we have to pay for accommodations, it made sense to take the over-priced free flights. I have been wearing out my eyes using the computer to get accommodations. Finally I thougtht I took a place in Kona, Hawaii for 5 nights, and in Kihei, Maui for 9 nights. WRONG!!! E-mails back and forth told me that I didn't have the bookings I had hoped to get (and I worked for DAYS on it). Then, last night, I agreed to take a place in Maui, only to be told that I have to send 1/2 the cost now....in a check. That didn't well with me. I am a VERY trusting person....but I really didn't want to send a stranger over $500 by check. I did some more checking and found that he will take credit card via Paypal, so we are working on that now. As for Kona, I made about 10 calls today and booked a small 1BR 1.5 bathroom condo with a GREAT ocean view. It will be the height of whale season, so we should be able to see many from our lanai (patio). Now I have to work on my summer trips. Nothing exciting - 7 to 10 days in NYC, seeing family and friends, a few days in OKC to see my Dad and my brother, Texas again (for Gerry), with a few little weekend excursions thrown in (Daytona for the NASCAR race July 4th weekend). I'll get lots of good knitting in with all that travelling. I think I should go into the travel business with all this experience I am getting.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you have been busy! I like that hat. What pattern in that? I took a class on 2 handed, 2 color knitting at SAFF. Glad things are going well. We will be in Daytona Beach in 3 weeks! Yea!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home