Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Things Always Happen For a Reason

About 5 years ago I came to believe in two things...
1. Everything happens for a reason
2. Things may not always work out as YOU want them to, but they work out.

As I related in yesterday's post, my SnB group folded, as per the LYS owner. Today when I came home and got onto my computer, there was an e-mail from Catherine Wingate. She wrote two of the sock pattern books that I have: The Sock Journal and The Sock Calendar. I met Catherine last Fall when I went to the knitting group that she started 5 years ago. It was nice, they met in Borders, but it was a distance for me to go after work and then go home from. When the SnB group started in my LYS I attended that one. Weellll - Catherine and her friends are going to be meeting much closer to my home, the first and third Monday of each month. I was invited to "join," which I promptly did. Then I called Arlene, one of the knitters from my SnB group and she will attend with me this coming Monday, and she will call the two other "regulars" from our group and ask them to join us. If it works out, we might meet on the off weeks as well.

My second happy moment today...a friend/coworker wants me to knit the Surprise Shawl for her. That's the one that Arlene and others in my SnB group have made. I wanted to make one so badly but it's very expensive and I really don't have much use for one myself. But with my friend paying for it....I get to make it for free. Plus she wants to wear it at work in the Fall and "model" it, with the hope that others will order one. Arlene is a sweetheart and will help me pick out and coordinate the yarns, this coming Saturday.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    That's great that you can continue your knitting meeting! I wish there was a knitting group up here :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home