Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Part Four....Round Two....Done! (Almost)

Today Gerry had his last chemo treatment (for this, his fourth kind of chemo). He got it through IV Monday through yesterday (Thursday) along with lots of IV fluids. Today he just got the fluids. Tomorrow we have a home health nurse coming over to give him MORE fluids through his IV catheter, to hopefully help him NOT get sick as he did after the first round of this treatment. On a good note....his hemoglobin went up from 7.4 to 9.2. On the other hand, he gained 10 lbs (better appetite, drinking Gatorade and orange Crush soda) so now is blood pressure is high and he is back on BP meds. On the other hand....exhausted as he was, we went to the Yankee/Marlin exhibition baseball game tonight. This, and the tix for tomorrow's game (taking Mom along with us) were Gerry's  birthday present from me. I was so glad that he was able to go. We left after the top of the 7th inning - he was really tired. I was too, so I didn't mind leaving - and they lost anyway, 5 to 3. Hopefully he'll feel up to going to tomorrow's game, otherwise just Mom and I will go. On Monday we have two tix to the Mets/Marlins game (the Marlin's opening game of the season) and on Tuesday Gerry is taking his friend John.

I have off of work this week...YEA! It was planning day today so I went in and did work in my room. I still brought some home to do over the vacation...report cards, attendance records, etc, but at least I don't have to talk to anyone under 4 feet if I don't want to (and right now, other than Avi, I don't!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home