Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back to the Old Grind

I am back at work...yea (said sarcastically). Don't get me wrong, work is fine and I had no problem getting the rhythm going, but I REALLY liked being home. I am SO looking forward to retiring in 5 years from June.

Gerry is doing well (at least, I think he is). He went to the oncologist (Dr. M) today and his hemoglobin was just over 10, which is great. The dr is having it tested again next Tuesday and if it's under 10 by any amount he wants Gerry to go for another transfusion so his BC will be over 10 when he gets to Texas on the 25th for the new treatment. Dr. M is also going to talk to Dr. K (in TX) about putting Gerry on Airanesp. Gerry also asked about his being tired all the time in spite of the decent bc, and the dr. said that since Gerry is on several meds he is BOUND to be tired alot.

We just booked a trip to Alaska for June 16. It will be great. We are going on Celebrity Cruise Lines, on the Millenium. You can read all about our trip here. Plus we will stay overnight in Vancouver. I am very excited. We didn't get the room that we were hoping for as the ship books up quickly, but we are hoping for an upgrade - hey, you never know! I am really happy for Gerry that we are going on this trip, as I don't know if/when he'll be able to go on a big cruise like this again. Gotta grab the good times while you can!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    You are going to LOVE your cruise to Alaska. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. We had a blast! If you have any questions, let me know. Our favorite excursion was a float plane into Misty Fjord out of Ketchikan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home