Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fatigue???

What fatigue? Yesterday we did a few errands, came home for lunch, and then....Gerry got busy. He suddenly had the urge to do "stuff." He cleaned out and organized his desk, cabinets outside, even attempted some plumbing. I couldn't believe how energetic he was. Maybe the chemo had the opposite affect on him and by the time he returns for treatment, his hair will have grown shoulder length!!! The good thing is that after all that busyness, he slept really well last night!

As for me...I'm doing great! I lost 3 lbs while he was away (I go up and down the same 3 - 4 lbs constantly,but they really make a difference since I'm so small), enjoyed my evenings alone (well, I do have 4 dogs here to mind), and while I don't wish for Gerry to have to be on a chemo treatment, I am looking forward to having 2 - 3 nights to myself every three weeks. I even bought an inexpensive bottle of wine, Shirazz Cabernet, to keep in the fridge so I can have 1/2 glass with my dinner when he is away. We don't keep liquor in the house as a rule, although Gerry doesn't have a problem with me having wine now and then....I just...don't! But the other night I was in the mood and so decided to treat myself. So it will be here if and when.

Working on the Crumpets dress (see post September 1) - I knitted about 2 1/2 inches and then made a mistake. I couldn't for the life of me fix it, so I ripped it out and redid it. I am back to 2 1/2 inches. Nothing to post yet, when I get more of it done I will take a pix and post it here.

Just finished a good book - Night Fall by Nelson DeMille. It's a novel that deals with Flight TWA 800 that went down off Long Island in July 1996. I want to start the last Harry Potter book but I completely forgot what happened in The Half-Blood Prince, so I am reading the last 200 pages of it before starting the last book. And...on audio I am listening to Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult. My goal is to read all of her books (as well as all of Nicholas Sparks books). After Salem Falls I have 5 more (providing she doesn't put out another one). Eventually I will get through all of Anita Shreve's books too. I don't read as often as I would like too (too busy futzing around on the computer). Thank goodness for audio books that I can listen to in the car.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jody,
    This is Linda, Karen Fox's cousin. There is an organization called Angel Flight. It provides free transportation for medical treatment. Here is the link. Hope this helps.
    http://www.angelflight.com/

    There are a few others too.
    Thinking of you and Gerry...sending prayers and healing vibes.

    Linda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home