Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Disappointment!

I have been working so hard to get my room ready. First I had to go through all the STUFF that the previous teacher PLUS another teacher (who left the school) had left in my room. Then I had to unpack my 40+ boxes and organize it all. However, I now have next week, too, to work on the room. I found out Wednesday morning that Gerry is no longer eligible for the trial. Although his t-cells did their part, when they were introduced to his cancer (that they removed in April and saved) there was no reaction, which means that the treatment will not work. Honestly...I thought that they had already done the reactivity test and all was a go (gee, they knew we were securing an apartment and all). We were SO disappointed, and poor Gerry began to feel that this was a death sentence. The nurse told us that they were going to set up an appointment with the doctor to discuss more options. The dr. would be out of the country until the 20th. Talk about a let down! So there is nothing for us to do at this point but wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home