Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Secret Pal 9 Survey

It's time for Secret Pal Nine and so once again I am posting the SP survey.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I am becoming a little bit of a snob. I don't like acrylic foo-foo yarns, regular acrylics or most Red Heart yarns (though I DO like Caron's Simply Soft and Bernat Babee (sp) yarns for baby items. I do like Lion Brand Wool-Ease and Cotton Ease, as well as better quality and natural fibers (if soft).
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Crochet - yes. Spin - no - too much involved.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A box in the closet!! I carry my Denise needles everywhere I go. And my dpns are in a lovely "roll" that my daughter made.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since my early teens. I am an intermediate/advanced knitter
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? - No.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like Vanilla, and do NOT like anything sweet (except for Sugar Cookie candles). My favorite colognes are all from VictoriaSecret: Dream Angels Heavenly; Rapture; Breathless.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't have a sweet tooth. However, my favorite candy is dark chocolate covered raspberry jelly rings.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? While I used to "do 'em all" I just concentrate on knitting and sometimes crocheting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). I like light pop, some country (Shania, Garth, Faith), and yes...computer plays all, car only plays regular CD's. I have a new iPod Nano to which I download music and audio books.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? No psychedelic colors, not partial to orange. I like to wear black, blue (love denim), white and beige.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married almost 3 yrs to a wonderful man. We have 2dogs - a maltese and a dacshund.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I live in S. Florida, so usually - no! And definitely not ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Optimum by SWTC; Plymouth Encore; Bamboo by Crystal Palace; 100% Merino from Knitpicks (nice for baby sweaters).
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Most acrylics (see above), and "foo-foos," and anything scratchy ( do not like knitting with chenille).
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Knitting "top-down."and toddler sweaters/hats.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby and toddler sweaters and hats...my first grandchild is due in November.
17. What are you knitting right now? Blue fisherman rib sweater for who else...my grandson.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes, but unless someone really knows me, I prefer NOT to get sweaters as they might not fit (all that work for nothing).
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circular or short straight needles.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo ( but I do like my Denise circs), and I LOVE Addi Turbos.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes
22. How did you learn to knit? my Aunt Pearl taught me. My daughter Alison now teaches me things I haven't learned before.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 1/2 years (same one as in SP8 survey
- needs to be sewn together.
24. What is your favorite holiday? Xmas/Hanukkah
25Is there anything that you collect? I seem to collect yarn!
26. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Creative Knitting; Family Circle Knitting.
27 Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?Sorry - no.
28 Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Knitting socks on two circs....just ordered book to teach myself how.
29Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes, I enjoy knitting socks. 8" circumfrance; 9" heel to toe.
30When is your birthday? (mm/dd) - June 21 (first day of summer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home