Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Knitting Away


As I wrote before, I got a lot of knitting done on my OKC trip. And it continued in Florida. Alison told me that she had made all feminine sweaters and since she is not up to knitting she didn't think she would be making any more sweaters for now. So....I made two newborn sweaters. The first is a white cardigan. I used a pattern from a Coats and Clark Knit & Crochet for Baby book, Tiny Tykes # 0142 (TLC Baby). The pattern is called Baby Stipes, but I decided to do it in a solid. I had made this pattern once before using Sidar DK yarn and wasn't happy with the outcome. This time I wasn't thrilled either. Penelope's, a local yarn shop in Delray Beach, is closing, so I purchased some yarn on sale. For the sweater I used Tencel Wool by Cleckheaton. It's made in Australia, and is 70% Tencel/30% wool. It felt soooo soft in the skein and was easy to work with, and while the finished product is still soft, it has a shine to it that I prefer it didn't have. However, my grandson will wear it for such a short time that I don't think it matters much at all.
Next I made a very small but darling blue cardigan. The pattern is in Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight. The pattern is Chunky Knit Cardigan and hat. I used Caron's Simply Soft, color soft blue. It's really small but really nice. My complaint....I hated sewing all the pieces together and then picking up stitches to make the front/neck bands. I really, really like top-down knitting, but since I am not adept at adjusting patterns to different sizes, I had no choice. I still have to get 3 buttons for it, but still....it looks so cute:



1 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I love the 2 little sweaters!! So cute :)

    Have you seen this? http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50722.html?noImages=0

    SO cute! I made one for a friend and the baby loves it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home