Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's Good to be Back

Last night I returned to my (small) knitting group. I had not been there since October 18 - before the hurricane, before all the craziness with Gerry, Ocala and my ouches. We are a teeny group...only 4 of us last night (one regular couldn't make it...missed you, Catherine), but let me tell you...I really missed my Tuesday nights. Susan, who makes wonderful natural, homemade soaps, was finishing off a shell she made, and I showed her how to do a three needle bind off. She was so pleased with how smooth the shoulder seams came out. Heather was working on a funky scarf, an inexpensive gift for a friend, and Alona was making a Monarch Shawl - sorry I don't have a link to the pattern. It looks like it will be beautiful. It is worked in two sections and then sewed together to resemble a monarch butterfly. Instead of orange and black she is knitting it in shades of green, light purple and blue. As for me, I am working on my 5th face cloth, to give to my coworkers with a bar of soap (not as a hint....just a way of giving a little something hand-made by me).
Tonight I came home and found that I could not get onto the internet...now, THAT'S a tragedy for me! When I checked it out I found that my router was no longer working...it was dead as a doornail. So, before going to the movies, we went to Office Depot and purchased a new one. Once home, it took awhile and a few phone calls to the company that makes it to get help in setting it up,but I am a happy camper...it works, and Gerry's laptop is running off of it smoothly.
We went to see the movie "Yours, Mine and Ours." I had seen the original with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda, years ago, and heard that this one wasn't good. Well....it was adorable. Very predictable, of course, but Gerry needed a light movie and this fit the bill. If you just want a cute, light-hearted flick....go see it. I think it's very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home