Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Update

We are heading up to Ocala today, after a cookout with our friends. Tomorrow Gerry has an appointment with the pulmonologist to get the results of the biopsy he had last Wednesday. On Tuesday we'll meet with the thoracic surgeon. We are totally confident that, while we'll be told it's cancer, that it will be treatable and he will be just fine. After all, we have plans to go diving for the next 10 years, at least!!

We returned on Wednesday to no power but we have a wonderful generator. The weather at night was cool so we could turn it off and sleep with open windows. I still wasn't doing well so I went to my GYN for my infection. She told me that I was unintentionally over medicated....being my age (young, but still a menopausal woman), my body's bacteria is out of whack, and stress doesn't help it. Then taking lots of antibiotics, even with the meds for yeast infection, didn't help. She took a culture (results on Monday), prescribed an ointment and lidocaine to numb the area a bit. My new best friend became a squirt bottle.....it helped most of the time. Yesterday I bought Crandopholis....cranberry combined with acidopholis to help bring back the good bacteria. I see a marked improvement....there are actually streaks of normal color within the fire-redness of the skin. At least I can function. Gerry laughs at me as I walk as if I just got off of a horse after a week of riding. Imagine, he's the "sick" one with an alien in his body, and I am the one in pain!

School staff had to report on Friday. I had planned to work until noon but had tons to do...meeting in the AM, lesson plans for next week, and the following week (in case surgery is scheduled for this week, though I doubt it), plans for my sub for two days, room arrangement, etc. I didn't finish everything, but thank goodness I have a laptop that has most of the info I needed to do the rest. I ran out of there in time to get Mom and go for out nail appointments in the afternoon. Then dinner and movies (it WAS Friday, after all). We saw Jarhead, a really good movie about soldiers in Desert Storm. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, but I think I needed to read the book to get more insight into it. I am sure it was exactly what the author intended the ending to be, but to me it was a let down.

While in Ocala we did see several other movies.....STAY (a bit confusing and weird)....THE FOG (I saw it for Gerry's sake....wasn't bad if you go for those kind of movies)....and NORTH COUNTRY - a really, really good movie with Charlize Theron, about sexual harrassment and family relationships. Don't miss that one!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Tori said…

    Hi Jody, Just read in the FiberRAOK group that you are leaving and wanted to wish you well and to say Take care,
    Tori
    P.S. I'll still keep you on Bloglines....Better do that now so I don't "lose" you

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger . said…

    Wow! You have a lot going on! I hope everything is well with everyone! Hope you infection gets better! I know how much of a pain a regular one can be, I can't even imagine what you have! Be safe! We are going to miss you at RAOK!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home