Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

One Last Night and Home Again

     Last night! Mom and daughter bonding time continues. We went to a really delicious restaurant called Pei Wei in Chandler, AZ. I wanted to go to PF Chang, but Alison took me to this restaurant that is owned by the same company ad PF Chang without the high cost. The food was wonderful. I even had left-overs, which I boxed up and took with me for my long flight home on Monday (we all know that you can't survive on crackers, cheese and oreos for an all day trip - ok, so it's delicious, and we eat it, but is it a healthy meal?)



     After dinner we went to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. What a great movie - lots and lots of tears but heartwarming, funny, and I can't wait to see it again.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



     Monday saw me winging home, first flight to Atlanta, Ga and then to Fl.







Image hosted by Photobucket.com



On the first flight I met some really nice people...Ruthie, who just moved to GA 4 months ago with her family, was traveling with her very quiet 7 yr old daughter, and Wes, a doctor from a small town in  Alabama...Eufaula, a city of 15,000 people, traveling with his wife/coworker-nurse Wanda Marie. They were really sweet. There was no movie or music on the flight so it was nice to have someone to chat with. I also worked on the pink shrug. I was stumped at a certain part of the pattern, and had written to Ramwools for help. I did get an e-mail back and so atempted what was suggested. I did 3 hours of knitting, and when I got to the next part (on the next flight) it still wasn't right, so I had to frog all the work I had done on the first leg of my trip. Today I am going to my LYS for help, and tonight I meet with my knitting buddies and will get additional help if I need it. Thank goodness for other knitters.



When I got home, SOOO happy to see Gerry, there was a little package waiting for me. It was from Karen, Alison's mother-in-law. She sent me a little photo album for baby pictures, with a note that read: "In keepig with the idea of 'Dream Big'...Atlanta, grandkids (!)...I know, Alison...not pregnant, not trying (yet)...I think you will enjoy my optimism in choosing this little gift." ...and the card said DREAM BIG inside....it was a birthday wish (it's one week from today). Isn't Karen a sweetheart? Can you tell that we are both eager with anticipation at having a co-grandchild, AND having the kids in Atlanta? I definitely see why I have such a wonderful son-in-law in Michael...he comes from wonderful parents, Karen and Lennie.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



     Now I have to get off my tush and get a move on. I got in so late last night that I didn't unpack - a real no-no for me...I ALWAYS unpack before going to bed. And I must get to the LYS so I can get some help on my pattern. I have to have it done before next week, when I present it to Laura.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home