Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Another for Another...

     I wanted to post a picture of the shrug that I am making for my friend/coworker Laura. She asked me to make one, and the perfect one was in the Ramwools catalog, called Texture Shrug. I had to buy the whole kit to get the pattern so I ordered the kit in a color to my liking (they didn't have the color she wanted). Then I went to my LYS and picked wools that would come close to the gauge, staying in the color scheme. The original calls for Electra and Clea, but I am using Bamboo by Classic Elite Yarns (light pink), and Stardust by Feza (95% polyester 5% Lame) in shades of purple, pink and silver. It's working up easily, just takes a long time doing STST with size 7needles. I did have to go down one needle size on every one it called for, to meet the gauge. I am as excited as Laura is about this. It's coming out so nicely. Of course, when it's done I will post another pix.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home