Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Can't Fight This Addiction

Since I didn't have enough yarn to finish the pink sweater-shrug, I made a practice hat for my friend's son, Parker. It's a simple pattern, using Caron Simply Soft yarn. If it fits and his mom likes the hat, I plan to make it in wool, for they live in NYC and it gets really cold in the winter.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I recently found out that Tuesday Morning, a discount store, sometimes carries yarns. I went the other day and sure enough, they had several packages of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, 3 to a pack. The toughest time was in deciding which colors to get. They were so reasonably priced, and I know they are discontinued by LB, so I bought these lovely colors. I'll probably make some toddler sweater sets with them, to put away until needed. I called Alison to see if she wanted any, but she had already hit the TM shop in AZ and got some of the same colors, and of course, orange to go with the blue (Go, Gators!!)



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Now if I only had a place to PUT all of the yarn that I buy!!!




4 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jody, thank you so much for the e-card for my birthday! It really brightened the day for me.

    It looks like you are addicted to the Cotton Ease. I never tried it before it was discontinued, but it seems that there are a lot of sad knitters out there, so it was well loved.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Nik said…

    you can always build another addition on the house.

    If you're anything like me honey, you're going to need it :D

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Jody, looks like your stash is growing by leaps and bounds! Happy knitting!

    BTW - Happy Birthday!! Enjoy it, buy more yarn!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Gina said…

    Happy Birthday to a fellow Fiber RAOKer and a fellow Gemini/Cancer Cusp baby! Enjoy this long summer day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home