Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It's All About Change

I went to the "new" knitting group last night and had such a nice time. There were only 5 of us, and we met at Borders cafe. Betsy, who knitted with my in the SnB group at the LYS, joined us. The woman who organized it is Catherine Wingate, who wrote The Sock Calendar and The Sock Journal. She is so nice, and quite a knitter. She was knitting a sweater that is covered with cables (I am certainly not there yet). One of the women, attending for the first time, recognized Betsy. Turns out that this woman, Cathy, is good friends with Betsy's adult daughter. Small world.
I am working on the gray, fuzzy sweater. I finished the back and fronts, and I am now working on the sleeves. I just hope I have enough yarn to finish, or else I am in deep _____! When I am finished I REALLY have to sew this cardigan and the chenille cardigan. Then I will start the Surprise Shawl for Aida, my coworker. Laura, a friend at work, wants a shrug, and I found the perfect pattern in Ramwools.com catalog. I think I am going to order the kit in a color of my choice, use the pattern to make a shrug for Laura, then knit the kit shrug for me (although Alison has expressed interest in it, and being a sucker for my daughter, she will probably get it). That's what mom's are for!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Maureen said…

    Did you happen to get the new issue of Interweave Knits. It has many shrugs in this issue.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home