Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

I finally decided to use my new sewing machine to make something beside the curtain in my cottage kitchen. Alison sent me a pattern for a little girl's sundress. I bought fabric at JoAnn's, cut it out and pinned it last night. This afternoon I put it together. It took longer than it should have as I am still learning my machine. I LOVED the automatic buttonhole maker and being able to sew the buttons on by machine. My good friend Cheryl is going to be a grandma for the 6th time, in July, to a girl. That's who this sundress is for. It is reversible, although the buttons are only on one side.

It is reversible, although the buttons are only on one side.

I sewed a label "Made With Tender Loving Care By..." into the bloomers.

This is the first attempt in many, many years, but it felt good to be making a sewn garment again. Now I want to look for a pattern for a knit sundress, for me!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is adorable & you did a wonderful job. Your friend will love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home