Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Money Pit

ARGH!!!! Why is it that when you take two steps forward you often have to take one step back? Last week I had to pay $300 to have a fan in my car fixed so my AC would work (and you can't live in FLorida without AC in your car). Now I have to have my convertible top fixed. When I was driving home from Ocala last week I hit a horrific rain storm and thru my rearview mirror I could see water spraying in both sides of the rear window. I knew the glass was separating from the fabric, but this was bad. I got an estimate today....$950! Two years ago I had invested in a new frame and motors for the top....$1300! I love my car but it is almost 8 years old and has 155,000 miles on it. I just don't want to take on car payments again! So - tomorrow I guess I will get another estimate and then....oh, I just don't know and it's too late (actually early in the AM) to deal with it. As Miss Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day!"
This should be my worst worry in life, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cars are money pits!!! Good luck.

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its a bit annoying and expensive when car is having trouble. I can attest to that. Just a week ago, I had some of my mercedes car parts replaced. Well, I had to pay over $750 for the said job! *sighs* I only hope that there would be no other car trouble in next years, for I couldn't afford it.. I guess, we really have to save up for our car maintenance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home