Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

He's HERE!!!



The phone rang at 11:30 PM tonight....it was Alison. She wanted to know if I wanted to come up to Atlanta next Saturday. I knew IMMEDIATELY what that meant....my GRANDSON had been born. Avishai Reilly Fox made his entrance to the world at 11:01 PM this evening. He weighs 8 lb 3 oz and has a full head of hair. Alison and I only spoke for about 3 minutes. She said she was sore and that it had been a long day. Then I heard him cry...oh, he's calling his grandma!!! Alison said he came out crying. I can't wait to hear all the details, but it was late, and she had to go nurse him (for the first time). I am soooo excited. Gerry got up, kissed me and said congratulations. Then he went back to bed. "You aren't calling people now?" he asked. "You can call in the morning."....he's kidding, right? I called my mom - Great Grandma Ruth, my younger daughter Becca, my brother Jon, my dear friend Cheryl - all were up and so excited. In the morning I have LOTS of calls to make, and then have to work out our travel plans to Atlanta for the bris next Saturday. I already checked airline fares and they are over $350. So we'll drive up. The good thing is that I have off next Friday so it's one less day of work to miss. The bad thing is...we have tickets to see The Rat Pack, a Broadway show on our subscription here in S. Florida. If it's playing for more than a week, maybe I can switch the tix to a day when we are back. WOW - I still can't believe it. My little girl, my first child, has had a baby of her own. I know she'll be a great mom, and I have no doubt that Michael will be a wonderful father. And Gerry and I will be ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC Grandparents!!!!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home