Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Heeere's Avishai!!!

This is Avishai Reilly Fox, my beautiful little grandson I spoke to Michael (his daddy) this morning and could "hear" the smile in his voice. He told me that Alison was a real trooper and that the birth was amazing. Last night I wrote an e-mail to everyone I know telling them about Avi, and today I sent out his picture. I was kept busy today with reading responses, phone calls, etc. I went out and purchased (per Alison's request), various magazines and newspapers so she can make a baby time capsule, to one day show Avi what was happening in the world the day/week he was born. I spoke with Alison tonight and she filled me in on her labor and delivery. I am so thrilled for her and Michael, and so proud of them. They will be wonderful parents (if I am repeating myself I apologize...I am tired and have no idea what my last blog said).

My ex's brother and wife were here for the weekend. We have a good time together, but unfortunately, this was one of Gerry's "not feeling so good" weekends. But Jim and Pat are great - after a breakfast out they "did their own thing" while I ran my errands. This afternoon Jim and Gerry watched football games (when Gerry wasn't napping), and tonight I picked up my mom and we went out to dinner - Mexican food, yum - but Gerry stayed in. Now Mom is home, Pat and Jimmy are in the guest room, and I am ready for bed. I am so tired but still so keyed up...I hope I fall asleep fast and stay asleep for at least 8 hours. Tomorrow they will leave around noon...then I have to organize what I will bring to Atlanta - we are leaving Wednesday - and have to type 3 days of lesson plans out to leave Monday, as I will not be at work Wed, Thurs and next Monday (thankfully, school is closed Tuesday and Friday this week).

Ok...I have to FORCE myself to stop looking at Avishai's picture and GET TO BED!!! But I just know I'll dream about him all night long.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so excited for you!! Glad the delivery went well. I know you can't wait to get that baby in your arms!! Contratulations!!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Congratulations, Grandmom!! I am so happy for all of you.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger bethanie said…

    He's darling! Congrats! How do you pronounce his name?

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Winged Heart said…

    congratulations jody! i am so happy for you & your family.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Moze said…

    Catching up on old news now that I'm home.

    Mazal tov! Love the name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home