Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Move Movies

This was a good weekend for movies. Last night we got to the movie theater early, and was at the front of the line to see Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest. I loved the first one and couldn't wait to see this one. I wasn't disappointed. The movie is long - 2 1/2 hours - but fun to watch. I was a little more enthralled with the main characters the first time around, probably because everything they did or said was new and so a surprise. But they were still funny, endearing and kept my attention the entire film. The best part, however, was the costume/makeup. Davie Jones's face was so lifelike (ok, so he had tentacles, but they breathed and moved as if real), as were the faces and bodies of his workers. I can't wait to see the third installment, due out next summer.
Tonight we saw The Devil Wears Prada. I had not read the book and so only knew what I had seen in the trailers. Meryl Streep plays the "Dragon Lady" controlling employer so very well...reminds me of a principal I once worked for. And Ann Hathaway is the perfect innocent employee. She personifies anyone who has ever wanted to do a job right but was stuck with an overbearing, controlling, horrible boss.
Now all we have to do is see Superman and we'll be caught up with the movies (till next week).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home