Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Monday, September 05, 2005

I LOVE a Surprise!

As I sat her futzing around on my computer, there was a knock at the door. My DH answered it....a "neighbor" from 10 blocks away bringing a package that was delivered to her by mistake (her address, not mine was on the package). It was a RAOK....from a member of a group that I belong to FiberRAOK (Random Acts of Kindness, for those of you who are not members). Inside was this lovely ball of yarn, with a note explaining that "This yarn has travelled far. I picked out the 4 yarns and had them wound together in an outdoor texile market in Donguan, China." How cool is that. Below I am posting a pix of the ball of yarn AND the fibers separated.  I wrote to Kimberli asking how much yarn there actually is, so I can make something with it and not run out. This just made my day!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger The MacKay Way said…

    Glad that your daughter has a yarn guage! I will buy one once i've finished de-cluttering! (Give it a good year!) I look forward to seeing what you make!
    Cheers!

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger . said…

    The yarn is beautiful!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool! What are you thinking of making with it?

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger soapy said…

    How cool is that! I think it was wounded together to make a unique yarn to knit together, I've seen some that has up to 8 strands of different fibers/yarn stranded together to make one yarn theres a company that even does this..
    What will it become......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home