Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wonderful Day

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but I LOVE my class this year. So far I have 16 (please, God, let it stay that way) students who are well behaved, and, although many are not comfortable with English yet, they have good brains!!! I don't mean to denegrate any little children, but I have had classes where, beside the difficulty with language, the children had very poor comprehension skills in ANY LANGUAGE!! Of course, a large part of that is due to the fact that many of our students come from home where the parents are either illiterate or just have no idea of the importance of speaking to your children and spending quality time with them instead of plopping them in front of ANYTHING on the boob-tube or letting them run amuck outside. Another thing that makes this year so much more bearable is that we are not starting our organized reading groups till mid-September, giving the students and teachers a chance to acclimate to routines, school behavior and working with the materials in the room.

I met my mom at the nail place where we both were getting manicures. There she was, wearing the T-shirt that proclaims her as a future Great-Grandma (the shirt that Alison made). I don't blame her....she is so thrilled of her new title. She said her name will be G-G. I think that's so cute. We also decided to dub the coming baby Willabee.....for, Willa be a boy or Willa be a girl? Once A&M have found out the baby's gender we will of course use the name that the kids pick out....unless I really don't like the name....then I will just call the baby Sweetheart!!

Tomorrow right after work I am flying up to GA to be with A&M. I am supposed to help them with their unpacking, but since they have already done most of it, they left me the library shelves to restock and then we will have some time to enjoy each other's company before I jet home Sunday night. And, of course, we will get some good knitting in too.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I call Noam "sweetheart". She always says "Grandma calls me sweetheart" because no one else does. I'm not quite sure what all the Israeli relatives call her....but in her eyes "sweetheart" is always associated with me. I love it.
    You will too!Gg is so cute for Ruth!The Sherman creativity marches on.
    K

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Oh Congrats to you and your family!!!!!

    Your post made me cry, babies are just so wonderful. Now if mine would stop growing up so fast! James is almost 7 months and it's gone by like a flash.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Finally I get to read your blog! So fun! And congratulations again, Grandmom :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home