Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Oh....My....GOD!!!!!

What a day....what a day....what a day!!!!



Mom and I met A&M at the after-wedding brunch, along with M's parents. We sat and talked, met more family members, and ahd some more fun. Mom, Karen and I kept speculating about when A&M would be pregnant (as we knew that they were ready to start a family). With the big move last week from AZ to GA, though, we knew they were exhausted...they had gotten very little sleep in the past few weeks/months. So we figured that this was going to be the weekend that they....make a baby....and maybe would announce it when we are up at their house in GA in October. All weekend we ladies were carrying on about it (can't help it, the anticipation was killing us).



ANYWAY.....we were all sitting around a table having fun when Alison took out 4 small shopping bags and told us that she and Michael got us some souvineers from AZ, but that they were all the same so we had to open them all at once. When we did, we found t-shirts with writing on them. As we read them we started to scream and jump up and down....each one, in very clever ways, let us know that A & M were expecting a baby. We started to cry. I was SOOOOOOO happy. I have been waiting for this day for so long. I am especially thrilled for my mom, for, although she is pretty fit and healthy, she IS 80 years old.  This will be my first grandchild and her first great-grandchild.  You must be wondering what these amazing shirts said (Alison and Michael made them and the sayings themselves)...forgive me. Ali, if I don't get the wording perfect:



Mine: I have been known by many names in my life....Jody, Mom, Daughter, Aunt, Sister, Teacher, Mrs. Reilly, Ms. Sherman, Mrs. Devine.....(and then, on the back)....but being called GRANDMA is the best one of all!



My Mom's: Can you believe I am going to be a Great-Grandma.........(and then, on the back)....Neither can I....I'm too young looking!



Katen's: Just when I thought having Grandpuppies was as good as it gets.........(and then, on the back)....I;m going to be a Grandma....AGAIN!!!       Lennie's is the same but says GRANDPOP!



Gerry: Hi, my name is Papa Gerry!



There were shirts for Becca, Phil and Alison's Dad and his wife, too, all to be given later in the day when we parted. Here we are, Alison, Michael, me, Mom, Lennie and Karen. When Gerry saw this pix he said that Alison looks pregnant because her face is even more beautiful than usual....isn't he so sweet?



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I gave Gerry his shirt when I got home. He was SO thrilled, he called A&M immediately. He was even more thrilled to be noted as "Papa" Gerry!!!! Ah, what a great day!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And here is Alison, me and my mom (dark glasses cause she has problems with her eyes and light). Three generations, soon to be 4 (sorry you weren't there, Becca....that's my other daughter, the soon-to-be Aunt).



I could go on and on, but luckily for you reader(s) I am exhausted, too and have to get to sleep. Finding out you are going to be a grandma takes a lot out of a person. And, I just have to add:







  • Overnight in a small hotel: $66




  • Valet Parking twice a fancy hotel: $24




  • Dinner at the Olive Garden: $36




  • Tolls and Gas: Don't ask!




  • Finding out you are going to be a grandmother: PRICELESS!!!!


So thank you, Alison and Michael. You have made me SO very happy. And I know that you are going to be the world's best parents (and don't forget - this babysitter is just a phone call and a 10 hour drive away....advance notice would be helpful).

7 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    Congratulations! You sound as if you will make a wonderful Grandma.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations to you and your family for such wonderful news!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    cOnGrATuLaTiOnS!!!!! What wonderful news!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger eyeleen said…

    Congratulations on such wonderful news.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Congratulations Grandma!!!!

    I love the G-G nickname!!!!!!

    Duh, only took me months to figure out that you were Alison's Mom!!!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So fun, so fun!!! Grandbabies are just the bestest thing!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home