Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Movie Reviews

     Yesterday, after seeing seeing the not so good Brothers Grimm (don't even want to bother posting the picture from the film) we went to see Red Eye. It was a really good edge-of-your-seat thriller starring Rachel McAdams. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed it, as neither of us had read much about the film. Aside from the excitement, I love how the film showed a woman in a strong, positive light. Bravo, Hollywood!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Today, my very spontaneous husband said, "Hey....how about another movie and I'll take you to dinner, too?" Who could say no to that offer? We headed down to Fort Lauderdale, about 40 minutes from home. Usually we go to one of three local theaters in our area, but Gerry thought it would be fun to go a little further and also to eat at Dan Marino's Restaurant. We got to the theater with 10 minutes to spare (and it was daylight so I got to knit for the 40 minute ride). We were lucky in two ways: 1) parts of Ft. Lauderdale still have no electricity due to the hurricane that just came through - this area was fine 2) a sign in the parking garage let us know that with a stamp on our garage ticket we would save 3 hours of parking....I'm all for that!! We went to see The Great Raid. Now I knew this was about US troops rescuing men from a POW camp in WWII, but I had no idea about this part of history. I do not lay blame on a group of people for what was done by their military so long ago, but what I do have cause to vent about is man's inhumanity to man. Every time I see how one group of people treats another (and of course it still goes on today) I get incensed! I just wish that people everywhere would realize that we are all the same on the inside...we are all human beings!!! I found some scenes in the movie so sad to watch.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I DO recommend these two movies to all, especially The Great Raid. I am all for watching movies that let us all know about our history, and the courageous men and women who risked all for their fellow man.




1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the RAOK! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home