Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Not So Good

I have been putting off blogging because I hated to write about what I am going to do now...about 2 weeks ago I had written with excitement about my daughter's pregnancy. Unfortunately, she miscarried last Monday, just a day shy of 9 weeks of pregnancy. I really don't care to go into the entire episode here, but if you are so compelled you can read about it on Alison's blog http://www.peainapod.blogspot.com. Of course, it was a very sad time for all involved, but my heart ached the most for Alison, for she is my daughter. As a mother, you want to spare your child of any age from having to go through any kind of heartache. I wish I had not left the night before she found out about the problem. It hurt me (for her) that she was all alone when she found out. I know she is an adult, and a very mature person, but until I die, she is still my little girl!! Hard not to be there to hold her through all of this. Thank goodness she had Julie, her good friend who lives nearby, for Michael had flown to CA that morning (and then had to return immediately). Thank goodness, too, that soon after she had Michael with her, for he is the kind of man who gives good love and support. I know I have said it before, but I am SO blessed to have a son-in-law as wonderful as he is.
Before that I had a wonderful weekend in GA with Alison and Michael. I got to help by unpacking ALL of the boxes of books that I packed in AZ....and they (mostly Alison) have a LOT of books....I thought it would never end! Their house is GORGEOUS. I had forgotten my camera but I would rather take pix when I am there in October, when the outside is complete with shutters, and the rest of the boxes are unpacked and/or put away. But I was enthralled at the colors of the walls, the beautiful wood floors throughout, the size of the rooms, the layout, the property, and so on. I am so happy for these two for they have worked hard and seen to it that they would own a house suitable to raise a lovely family. And they will!
I had no work yesterday or today, as they closed schools because of Hurricane Katrina. We were very lucky this time....no problems or damage. We mostly had rain and wind and neighbors had some tree damage, but the worst part hit a little south of us. It was ONLY a category 1 anyway. Last night, with Mom staying here, we went to dinner and then tried to go to the movies, but the theater was closed. Today we did get to the movies to see Brothers Grimm....not a good movie! More suitable for a 10 year old who is in the know about fairy tales. Tonight Gerry and I went again, to see Red Eye. THAT was terrific, a real on the edge of your seat movie. The rest of the weekend we are sticking close to home, to do some paperwork for school, some reading (I am reading Wicked, The Story of the Wicked Witch of the West and it's terrific), and maybe finish my Texture Shrug!!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jody,
    So glad this hurricane just blew some rain around you.
    I will have to put Wicked on my "to do" list. I have heard a lot of favorable comments about it. I bought The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants this week, but I don't know when I will get to it.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I am so sorry for Alison & the family!

    My daughter will also be my baby as long as I live and I understand your pain!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger IndigoMuse said…

    Thank you so very much for the sweet RAOK. It looks like fun yarn :)

    I'm so very sorry to hear your daughter's sad news. I had two miscarriages before I had my second sweet boy (his birthday was on Wed. His picture is on my blog). I know her pain all too well. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    Tanya

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's and your loss. I had two 11 week losses before I completed my family with my two lovely daughters. It's hard, the loss of innocence and thinking that it is easy was the hardest part for me. I wish you well.

    Alyx
    http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    My thoughts and prayers are still with you all. I really am so very sorry.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Mitchypoo said…

    I'm so sorry for your daughter and your family's loss...

    michele

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Karla said…

    Jody, I am behind in my FiberRAOK digests, and I was just reading a post from August 18th where you were thanking Lanie for some "magazine envelopes" she had RAOK'd you with. In a previous post to the FiberRAOK list you mentioned your daughter and son-in-law were moving closer to you (I'm in GA, too!) I went to check out your blog to see if you had posted a picture of the envelopes, but ran into your post saying your daughter was ok after her miscarriage. I was immediately stricken with disappointment for you (as a looking-forward-to-being-a-grandmother) and of course for Alison and Michael. I'm so sorry she had to experience this, and you, too. I hope she is doing better each day. I know she will probably always remember this disappointment, but she can rest assured many are thinking of her, have prayed for her. The blogworld is nice when it connects us in this way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home