Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Double the Pleasure

I flew to Atlanta last weekend to visit my family. My son-in-law Phil picked me up at the train (which I take from the airport) and we went to see my daughter Becca at PF Changs where she is manager. After a delicious dinner and short visit Phil brought me to Alison's house where I would stay the weekend. We ended up staying awake until 2 AM watching DVD's that I had made from old family videos. It was fun to see Alison, Becca and Adam when they were little and see how much Avi looked like Alison when she was little, and how identical Talia is to Becca at 2 months old!
The next morning Avi wanted to see Grandma so Alison brought him and Talia in to wake me. Talia took one look at me and....WAAAHHH! At 5 1/2 months old she definitely has stranger anxiety. I have not been in Atlanta for 2 months so of course she didn't know me. As the weekend went on she became more comfortable with me but still had moments where she looked at me as if to say, "You talkin' to ME?" Avi, on the other hand, couldn't get enough Grandma. We have such fun together and he is one smart little guy. At not quite 3 years old he knows his letter sounds and can tell me the beginning sound of words, recites the alphabet in English and Hebrew, counts to 10 in English and Spanish and can point out the continents on the globe.
On Saturday we took the kids to Lowes where Avi made a firetruck as part of their kids project. On Sunday, we went to the mall and he played in the climbing area. Then we went to PF Changs for lunch. Talia was exhausted, having gotten up at 5:30 AM and not napped...until she got onto Aunt Becca. Then she went right out!
Monday Michael and I took Avi to the park where we had a picnic lunch and lots of fun on the slides and other climbing equipment. The weekend went by so quickly but it was wonderful to be with Alison, Michael, see Bex and Phil and of course, be with my darling grandchildren!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home