Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hostess with the Mostess?

Tonight was the monthly Guest Party at the studio (Fred Astaire of Delray Beach). I was asked to be the Student Hostess for the evening. I was so happy that I also had several guests attending...my cousin and her friend, the office manager where I go for physical therapy (for - literally - the pain in my butt! an inflamed piriformis muscle), and a guy who was standing outside looking in a few days before and I told him to go on in and join the fun...so he did! I had a lesson just before the party, then changed into my dress for hostessing. As people entered I greeted them and gave them champagne. Eric and Nataliya (owners/instructors) then walked around and schmoozed a bit. When the general dancing started I went into the back to put on my costume for a demonstration samba.The bummer was that I missed all the general dancing due to waiting in the "wings." When I finally "went on" it was great...not perfect, but so much fun. Afterward I changed back to my dress and joined the others for Eric's demonstration dance steps lesson. And then...we were done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home