Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Works of Art

Last night after dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Casa Maya, my friend Eva and I went to an art gallery in Fort Lauderdale to view a showing called "Portraits in Blue." A friend of Eva's, Robin White, was exhibiting some of her art. It was very nice - there were many people but not overly crowded. We met Robin and saw her painting, which, she said, was of her mother as a young woman. There were all genres of art. We met and spoke to an artist named Lena Luckey (Luckey is her married name but very appropriate, I think). She is from Czechoslovakia, as is Eva. Lena's art is beautiful, very serene, calm - you can feel inner peace in each one. A bit later we met two of Eva's cronies from dancing and spent a few minutes talking to them. It was a really nice evening. Here are some other works that were at the exhibit, though I apologize for not knowing the artists:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home