Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Six Months Already?

Today is the 6 month anniversary of Gerry's passing. I can't believe it's been 6 months already. I was fine all day - worked till 6 (so much for teacher's hours) and decided to take myself to the movies. We used to go once or twice a week and I am SO behind in movies that I have to start seeing some. I saw The Reader with Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes. I had read the book years ago but only remember that it was about someone who reads to someone. It was a really good movie, and of course, I cried some.
After coming home and getting on the computer, my brother Jon popped on IM. We chatted and then he told me that he had put a video onto Facebook but he would remove it if I wanted him to, as Gerry was in it. Of course, I told him to leave it (I don't have a problem with stuff like that). However, when I watched the video (which is pretty funny because my brother donned a crazy, long black wig and was goofing around) it made me cry. This was taken July 2000. Gerry and I had been dating for almost two months. Two weeks before I had moved up to New Jersey from Florida (where we met). He came up a week later and we stayed first with his family (who were wonderful) and then spent a few days on our own. Gerry heard that Jon was having a get-together the day that Gerry was due to return to FL, so he extended his trip by a day so he could come to CT and meet my brother. In the video Gerry is sitting on the porch, watching some of my family and myself dancing, when in pops Jon in the wig! Gerry got hysterical (well, we ALL did). I always say I am amazed that Gerry kept dating me after seeing THAT! He really thought we were so much fun ( yea, we are). But seeing him there, as if looking through a window, brought the tears to my eyes. Gerry, I love you honey, and I miss you. You brought me lots of fun and good times, and taught me a lot about people. I do believe that wherever you are you hear me when I talk to you and see me, too, so you know I am doing ok!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    What a great story! Thank you for sharing your memory of Gerry.

    shinz3 at cox dot net

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, 6 months. You are doing great....it is so good that you have great memories with Gerry. I know you enjoyed you time with Avi!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home