Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Show Will Go On

Gerry's hemoglobin level was 8.3 today so we set up the stent procedure for 11 on Wednesday. We are going to stop at the oncologist's office first to have his blood tested. I would rather do that and find out there that his levels are low then for him to be put into a bed, hooked to IV and THEN told, an hour or two later, that it will be cancelled due to low levels AGAIN! Wednesday is the last day the urologist can even do the surgery since the dr is going away for 2 weeks and...so are we, the following week.

Just my luck to have my car collapse on me, but I got it back today and so far (at least, from the mechanic's to home) it's fine. A hose came undone and that is the hose responsible for cooling the system and that's why my coolant and transmission fluids dried up. Thank goodness I didn't blow the whole transmission.

I had an appointment south of my school today so I stopped there on the way, and at my former school after my appointment. I only had about 45 min to spend in each school so of course I didn't get to see my friends there for more than 5 minutes each. Everyone thought I looked great...rested and relaxed. Ah, if they only knew!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hope Gerry's blood levels are good!

    Glad you got the car back and you did not blow the whole transmission.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home