Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

He's Such a Sweetie

Today I left work early (which means I did not stay 2 hours past quitting time) and headed for home. Dear ol' Ger called and said he was at Costco and would pick up whatever I need. Blueberries! Can't beat the price, and since I eat them 3x daily it would be a savings. 20 minutes later he called again...he remembered another item I had mentioned, picked up a few more, but forgot the other thing I had wanted. BLUEBERRIES! I said....oh, yea, said he. "There are strawberries," he said and I gave the ok. I got home and did...whatever. He arrived home about 30 minutes later....with the blueberries (yea), a big package of strawberries (many fuzzy or too ripe, but he doesn't take notice of that)...and, the most beautiful bouquet of red roses, that actually smell fabulous (many have no scent at all), just because he "happened to see them." - but I know it's cause he cares! There were a baker's dozen, so I shared the bunch b/t two vases...aren't they lovely?

I have one vase in the living room and one in our bedroom.

On Saturday I had gone to my LYS where they are having a sale on Plymouth yarns (started Monday but they honored my postcard re: the sale on Sat.). I bought three skeins of Encore Colorspun (worsted - 75% acrylic 25% wool) to make a pullover, size 18, for Avi. The color is a lovely blue/gray/green tweed. They had a beautiful cardigan hanging up, made in three colors of Dreambaby yarn, but didn't have the colors in stock. So I bought pink, multi and white to make it for Ger's future grandniece, due in June. On Sunday Gerry was sick (Bronchitis) so we went to the ER so he could get started on meds (no doc are in their offices on the weekend). I started the sweater for Avi and had gotten to the beginning of the sleeves (it's worked top-down) when I realized that I joined the round for the neckline wrong and instead of having all knit sts facing me, I had purls for the neck. So I frogged it all that night, and have to begin again. Maybe Thursday night if/when I am watching Gray's Anatomy.

Been a little preoccupied lately. I am working on a BIG certification for work which I really don't believe I'll pass (most don't their first time around). All 4 parts MUST be completed and in by March 31. I have part 1 completed, and most of part 4. I am working on 2 and have not started part 3, but I'll get it done. us procrastinators almost always come through. Then I take an exam to go with it all, in April.

Also have another issue. Last week Gerry went to Houston, TX to MD Anderson for his scans. He finished his year of interferon treatment 2 weeks before going. We were so positive that all tests would come back negative that I didn't accompany him (I don't have too many days left to take off). Well....the CT scan picked up another tumor, this one in his abdomen, just above the "bikini line." The dr. there did a needle biopsy before Gerry flew home on Friday. It figures that the ONE time I am not with him, he receives lousy news. We have an appointment with his oncologist here in FL tomorrow, and hopefully the biopsy results will be there (faxed over). The dr in TX was pretty sure it is a melanoma again, and this one grew fast (scans in July and Oct showed nothing). So we have to talk to the dr and then see what route we will go with. Thankfully it's not in any vital organs as his first one was (lung)'s in soft tissue. I feel so badly for him...going through that lousy treatment for a whole year and then it didn't work. Well, together we'll deal with this too.


Post a Comment

<< Home