Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Secret Pal Revealed

I received a BIG package from my ANGEL SP9. She is amazing....just look at the wonderful goodies she sent to me:
an ASTOR Belgian Almond chocolate bar (yum), two tins of tea: black leaf tea decaf vanilla and herbal leaf tea cha cha, lavendar/citrus bath salts, the smaller skein is Karabella Aurora 8 yarn (100% Merino Wool 50G), and hand-dyed lambswool/cashmere...all in a GORGEOUS Lantern Moon bag that I just love, love, love. My angel-pal revealed herself as Jessica from MA. I have to find something special to make with these yarns, they are just so nice. And I'll be trying out the teas this week as I always make a travel mug of tea to drink on my way to work. Again, Jessica, thank you for the LOVELY goodies you sent to me and thank you for
volunteering to be a SP9 angel!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Nadira said…

    Hi Jody,

    I'm so glad you like your gifts. I had a great time picking them out for you. I hate clothes/shoes shopping, but I love yarn shopping, and gift shopping is even better, since I don't have to be quite so practical. :)

    The yarns are two of my favorites: Aurora 8 is my "desert island yarn": soft and springy (and, in theory, machine washable, although I am too scared to try it), and Over-the-Rainbow is one of my favorite hand-dyers, although I haven't tried that fiber blend yet. The gauge on the two is a little different (I think I forgot to mention, but the lambswool/cashmere is 8oz and about 600 yds., and mean to be knitted at a light worsted or DK weight), but I thought they might mix nicely in a sweater or wrap, although you'd probably have to add some yarn for a sweater (maybe white/black/navy). I think the lambswool/cashmere might work up to a similar gauge to the Aurora 8 if you double-stranded it. Come to think of it, they might contribute to a nice Dragonfly (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTdragonfly.html) if that fits your style/climate.

    If you like the bath salts, let me know and I'll send you the recipe.

    Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home