Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Back at work....Monday comes around way too fast.
Last night we watched the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Superbowl - YEA! (not that I really care all that much, but Gerry had a small wager on the game..."our" team won but we didn't - didn't make the spread). See, I never really got to love the game of football -oops, sorry Alison and Michael...GO GATORS!!. It has been explained to me several times, and while I sort of got the gist of it, I still think it goes like this....throw a ball, run and pounce, run and pounce, pat the guy on the fanny! I still like baseball the best - GO YANKEES! And now that football season is finished we can start getting excited about the NEW and IMPROVED Yankees! Ok - enough of that!

I finished Randy's scarf while watching the game. It's beautiful. I am sure he'll love it. Just a simple seed stitch but it looks classy. Now I will finish the second armhole on Mom's top and then on to the socks - how long have I been saying this? But this time I mean it. I am going to SnB tomorrow night and just can't face the other women if I have not completed the top.

I sent my first package to my SP4 - not too extravagant, but I think she'll get a kick out of it. Can't tell you more, just in case she reads my blog. But...I got a wonderful RAOK today, and it ws from someone NOT on the FiberRAOK group. It was from Karen, my son-in-law's mother. She and I have struck up a nice friendship on-line, since we live a few states away from one another. I find myself looking forward to her e-mails. Alison, my daughter, has sparked the knitting bug in Karen and so we share what we are doing, how our projects are coming along, as well as family stuff - don't worry, Alison, we NEVER discuss anything personal about you guys, we just have a mutual admiration society going for you and Michael. So - as I mentioned above, to my delight I received a package from Karen. The note inside said that she knows that Gerry will take care of me for Valentine's Day (he'd better), so, since "every dog has his day" she sent my dogs a Valentine's gift. It was in a Clifford Valentine's bag....a package of Dog Biscuit Mix with a dog bone shaped cookie cutter. Isn't that an adorable gift? I was tickled pink! I can't wait to get to the weekend so I can make the biscuits for my 3 "boys." Thank you so much, Karen!!!

I also received a lovely comment to this blog from Becky. Becky is Alison's friend whose sock pattern I love and have made over and over, using Wool Ease Wool Blend wool. Oh, and Becky - let's not tell Alison that you have sort of invited me to come out to visit. That will be our little secret! I do plan to come out in the summer, as I usually do, since I am off of work for several weeks. I make it a long weekend, but will have Alison bring me to the SnB so I can see you and Illana.Oh, and Becky - please send me YOUR blog address!

After work today I went to the gym for the Pilates class...ow!!!! Today it hurt, but I know in time I will get these soft stomach muscles into shape.

Well, have to get off and put the finishing touches on my WIP. I just HAVE to be working on the socks when I go to SnB tomorrow evening.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Who would have imagined Pilates could cause such pain/tenderness? I started going to a class at the YMCA a week or so ago. I did it Tues and Thurs last week and finally stopped hurting yesterday. And of course, I'll be there today.

    Here's hoping we firm up those muscles quick!
    ~Beth

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SUCH a cute v-day gift! sometimes i think dogs appreciate valentine's day more than most people do, especially when they're getting fresh-baked goodies.

    can't wait til you can post photos of your lovely-sounding soon-to-be FOs :)

    enjoy the rest of your week-
    your secret pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home