Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

As part of the Secret Pal4 group, I am telling all (ok, not ALL - but a lot of SOME) -
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I now avoid RH and will only use acryllics such as Caron Simply Soft, because it is! I now like cotton, Wool-Ease wool blend (for heavy socks) and have just begun to branch out to yarns such as Eros, Alpaca, cotton, etc.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin but I do crochet, however I like crochet basically for hats, scarves or blankets.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
None
4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting since I was about 12 or 13, and for the past 9 years I have made mostly baby sweaters. This year I will take on most anything.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love Victoria Secret's Rapture, Heavenly Dream Angels and Breathless. Also like White Shoulders by Evyan.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not really, though I do like dark chocolate raspberry jelly rings, and NY Cheesecake. I try to stay away, though, cause it always bypasses my mouth and goes straight to my hips (but a little cheating is ok, doncha think so?).
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Right now I am concentrating on knitting. In past years (long ago) I did needlepoint, counted cross stitch, crewel work, sewing, and such. But knitting is really my thing nowadays.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3's on my "stuff." I like most kinds of music, except heavy metal, heavy rap and just plain noise. I like pop-country, soft rock, show/movie tunes, 60's oldies, dance music.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love to wear black or white, beige, denim (love jeans), blue. I am not into orange or "hot" colors such as chartreuse. My home colors are light yellow, pale green (deeper green in my kitchen - called Organic green, tho my DH calls it OD green - army green), and white.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married 1 1/2 years to a great guy, I have 2 daughters, 2 wonderful sons-in-law, and one son. DH has a lovely daughter who has a terrific husband. I have 3 dogs (shhh, they don't know that they are dogs) - Cocktail - shepard/chow...Rusty - daschund....Tiemann - maltese.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be healthy enough to live past 100, live a happy, active life. To retire affordably and live life to the fullest. To have a close relationship with my children and grandchildren.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No favorite YET, but I like soft yarns in sport or worsted weight; Baby Alpaca; Nature's Cotton; Merino yarn.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
"Hard" acryllics such as Red Hook!!!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, scarves and baby/children's sweaters.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
See # 15
17. What are you knitting right now?
Man's scarf in Baby Alpaca; woman's top in Nature's Cotton; Socks using Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock
18. What do you think about ponchos? Cute for others...not sure I would wear it much.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I am used to straight but I am learning to use circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum and bamboo (just discovered these)
21. Are you a sock knitter? Just learned how in November and love it, though I have been working on worsted weight. Going to make my first pair on size 2 needles with thin yarn - Lorna's Laces.
22. How did you learn to knit? Not sure - I was probalby taught by my aunt.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? One month (unless you count the counted cross stitch that I started 13 years ago).
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Favorite animal - dogs, preferably maltese or most fluffy little dogs. Animated? Hmmm - don't think I have one.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Xmas (even though I am Jewish)
26. Is there anything that you collect? I collected musical snowglobes, recipe books (but rarely use them) and Edna Hibel Plates....don't want anymore. I have enough and no place to put anymore (most of my plates are in storage). Now I just seem to collect knitting paraphanalia.

So, Secret Pal - if you are reading this, I hope it makes things a little easier for you!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger illanna said…

    Hi Jody! Jelly Rings are the BEST! I wanted to say thank you for the beautiful ornament! I am posting pictures and a public thank you on my blog right now. I hung it up in my bedroom and it's so pretty. Thanks for thinking of me!!!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have given me plenty of material with which to plot :)

    have a good weekend!

    your secret pal

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, that could be true.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home