Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

As part of the Secret Pal4 group, I am telling all (ok, not ALL - but a lot of SOME) -
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I now avoid RH and will only use acryllics such as Caron Simply Soft, because it is! I now like cotton, Wool-Ease wool blend (for heavy socks) and have just begun to branch out to yarns such as Eros, Alpaca, cotton, etc.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin but I do crochet, however I like crochet basically for hats, scarves or blankets.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
None
4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting since I was about 12 or 13, and for the past 9 years I have made mostly baby sweaters. This year I will take on most anything.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love Victoria Secret's Rapture, Heavenly Dream Angels and Breathless. Also like White Shoulders by Evyan.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not really, though I do like dark chocolate raspberry jelly rings, and NY Cheesecake. I try to stay away, though, cause it always bypasses my mouth and goes straight to my hips (but a little cheating is ok, doncha think so?).
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Right now I am concentrating on knitting. In past years (long ago) I did needlepoint, counted cross stitch, crewel work, sewing, and such. But knitting is really my thing nowadays.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3's on my "stuff." I like most kinds of music, except heavy metal, heavy rap and just plain noise. I like pop-country, soft rock, show/movie tunes, 60's oldies, dance music.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love to wear black or white, beige, denim (love jeans), blue. I am not into orange or "hot" colors such as chartreuse. My home colors are light yellow, pale green (deeper green in my kitchen - called Organic green, tho my DH calls it OD green - army green), and white.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married 1 1/2 years to a great guy, I have 2 daughters, 2 wonderful sons-in-law, and one son. DH has a lovely daughter who has a terrific husband. I have 3 dogs (shhh, they don't know that they are dogs) - Cocktail - shepard/chow...Rusty - daschund....Tiemann - maltese.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be healthy enough to live past 100, live a happy, active life. To retire affordably and live life to the fullest. To have a close relationship with my children and grandchildren.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No favorite YET, but I like soft yarns in sport or worsted weight; Baby Alpaca; Nature's Cotton; Merino yarn.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
"Hard" acryllics such as Red Hook!!!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, scarves and baby/children's sweaters.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
See # 15
17. What are you knitting right now?
Man's scarf in Baby Alpaca; woman's top in Nature's Cotton; Socks using Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock
18. What do you think about ponchos? Cute for others...not sure I would wear it much.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I am used to straight but I am learning to use circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum and bamboo (just discovered these)
21. Are you a sock knitter? Just learned how in November and love it, though I have been working on worsted weight. Going to make my first pair on size 2 needles with thin yarn - Lorna's Laces.
22. How did you learn to knit? Not sure - I was probalby taught by my aunt.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? One month (unless you count the counted cross stitch that I started 13 years ago).
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Favorite animal - dogs, preferably maltese or most fluffy little dogs. Animated? Hmmm - don't think I have one.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Xmas (even though I am Jewish)
26. Is there anything that you collect? I collected musical snowglobes, recipe books (but rarely use them) and Edna Hibel Plates....don't want anymore. I have enough and no place to put anymore (most of my plates are in storage). Now I just seem to collect knitting paraphanalia.

So, Secret Pal - if you are reading this, I hope it makes things a little easier for you!!

11 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger illanna said…

    Hi Jody! Jelly Rings are the BEST! I wanted to say thank you for the beautiful ornament! I am posting pictures and a public thank you on my blog right now. I hung it up in my bedroom and it's so pretty. Thanks for thinking of me!!!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have given me plenty of material with which to plot :)

    have a good weekend!

    your secret pal

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a us health and human services
    site/blog. It pretty much covers us health and human services
    related stuff.

     
  • At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a **Dog Coats** site/. It pretty much covers the sale of custom made dog coats.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a coat dog gucci site. It pretty much covers ##Custom Dog Coats## related stuff.

    Tired of those knit sweaters, the ones that stretch out and have legs that your dog hates? Us too! So we came up with a coat that fits comfortably and works well! You and your dog will love these coats! We know, because we have been dog breeders for 23 years and know what dogs like.

    All "Designer DoggieWear!" coats are handmade by ourselves in the United States. This assures the finest of quality and workmanship.



    Come and check it out if you get time.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a single coat dog site. It pretty much covers ##Coats for Dogs## related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a devon pc repair site. It pretty much covers ##PC Repair## related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!
    email tarot reading is a very interesting subject and I really enjoy Your blog.
    If You are really interested in this You must visit email tarot reading
    Here You find a complete directory regarding email tarot reading

    So please, don´t miss email tarot reading

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Roy Naka said…

    Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of dog care.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger tom naka said…

    Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about restaurant guide. It pretty much covers restaurant guide related stuff.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Jean Shapiro said…

    Well, that could be true.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home