Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Nothing I can do about having to go to work. Not that I don't like what I do - teaching kindergarten....oh, stop that Ohhhh, how cute...not all of them are CUTE (just most of them)....but I would rather just have the money and be free to do other things. Like knitting. I have so little time to knit, so today I brought my knitting to school and during my (barely) 30 minute lunch break, I ate and knitted for 6 minutes. Since I am working on a sock, getting even several rows done was a plus. After school we had a meeting, and so out came the knitting and I got several more rows done. Tonight, watching my TIVO'd Oprah.....a few more. It adds up, but I would really like to be able to just sit and complete it once and for all. Saturday is coming...a day all to myself, so I am sure I can set aside a big chunk of time to finish this sock, and Mom's shell (unless I find some errand to run).
The meeting at work was twofold - the first part was a staff meeting, nothing earth-shattering there. The second part was about walking. My county is participating in a wellness program through our 2 health plans - Vista and Humana. The school that has the most participants, most shape ups, etc, wins cash. We are starting a walking group on Monday. I thought we were going to walk today, so I had worn my sneakers and had brought workout clothing. When the meeting was over and I found out that no one was walking, I thought, "Hmmm, I have to go to the gym after I visit with a co-worker who had been in a bad accident in Oct. and who I visit when I can. But the thought of getting to the gym around 7 PM, changing into workout clothing just to walk on the tread mill for 30 minutes didn't thrill me. So - I FORCED myself to walk right then and there. I did laps around the school, a total of .35 miles in 1/2 hour. Not bad. I am just starting to get back into walking, etc. - having gotten notice that my cholesterol is up, knowing that my diet is excellent and it's genetic, the only thing I can do it exercise. I also started going to a Pilates class on Monday evening and I like the instructor and other participants in the class. I just have to FORCE myself to stick with it.
YEA - tomorrow is Friday. Work, manicure and then a nice dinner out with Mom. Gerry is still away, having a great time...wish I was there, and so does he. Can't wait till he returns on Sunday.
Oh....and aren't I one crazy person? I told my niece that I would knit a scarf for her 5 yr old, and have it to her in less than 2 weeks, as they are flying from Fl to NY for a vacation. As if I didn't have enough projects to work on!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Hello from a fellow RAOKer! I'm also a former kindergarten teacher. I remember those choked down lunches well. Good for you fitting a bit of knitting into your workday! Enjoy your evening out with your mom tonight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home