Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving Day is here. Time to give thanks. So - what am I thankful for?
I am thankful for my children - yes, even the wicked son. I am thankful that he is well, working, and staying out of trouble. I am thankful for my girls. They make me so proud. They are hard working, creative, ask for nothing (good thing - I'm not wealthy, ya know), and loving. I am thankful for my son-in-laws because they put up with my daughters. Mike and Phil are also hard working young men who are excellent partners for Alison and Becca. They love them, share their lives with them, and work with them to make their lives good. I am thankful for my other daughter, Suzzette. She is a wonderful young woman. Also a good worker, strives to have a nice home, is very loving to me. And Brian, her husband is a talented carpenter. You should see the work he does for us!
I am thankful for still having my mom and dad. Many of my friends lost their parents years ago. I did lose one dad, but thankfully have the other. My parents are wonderful people. I have learned a lot from them over the years.
I am thankful for my wonderful brother Jon - no one could have a better brother. He's also a great father, son, brother-in-law and uncle. And his beautiful daughter, Gianna, is the best!
Most of all I am thankful for my terrific husband, Gerry. We have a lot of fun together. He likes to torment and tease me - it's one of the perks, he says - but I know there is a lot of love behind it. We have a nice life - who could want more?

Today I got to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Jon, Gianna, Mom, Bex, Phil, Suzzette, Brian and our three tenents will be here for dinner. I rarely get a chance to cook for so many and it was fun, especially the baking part. I don't usually bake because Gerry and I would eat it and we would be huge! I can't believe that I have everything just about ready, organized and I can even sit and enjoy my company for a bit. I wish that Bex and Phil didn't have to leave tonight but she has to work tomorrow. And I really wish that Alison and Mike could be with us. Having the family spread apart like this stinks! I heard in Alison's voice on the phone last night that she wishes she were here too.

Time to make the green bean casserole. SO signing off for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home