Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Run, Run as Fast as You Can!

Today I ran a 5K race to support the Milagro Center in Delray Beach - and I ran the whole way. I had met a young woman - Heather - who invited me to join her in this race. I figured I would be ok since it's 3.1 miles and I do 4 miles twice a week as practice for the 1/2 marathon I am doing in March (plus I now do 8 - 10 miles on the weekend). I met her at the start of the race - that was the only time I saw her (well - I did see her as we passed, me still going forward and her returning). It was a beautiful day, cool, the route was along A1A in Delray Beach, along the ocean. At the end they had some refreshments and raffles. I stayed for the raffle drawing - didn't win a thing, and then they started to give out medals on ribbons. I didn't think I would win anything but stayed. They called overall winners and then started calling 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each age category. When they got to mine - SHOCK!! they called MY name in 3rd place. I figured that there probably were only three people IN my category...I was right! When I got home and looked up the results, it was there in black and white! No matter...it was fun and I got my first medal (to me, it was for completing the race, which is good enough). Can't wait to get past the March race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home