Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I am getting the knitting addiction

I went to lunch with Carla and Parker today. He is SOOOO cute, looks just like his dad, whose name is Jody - a great guy! Parker was good, but Carla said that he was good because she held him on her lap. He just bounced up and down, cooed, played with his toys. I held him after we ate. Getting in practice for grandparenting....my step-daughter Suzzette is due with her first baby in August, which makes me very happy, but my REAL thrill will be when my daughter Alison comes up with news like that. There will be no living with me then!

Carla and I always exchange a small gift for the holidays. This year she gave me a big candle with the scent Ocean, on a ceramic dish. It will look and smell great in my livingroom. Carla mentioned to me, back in October, that she was interested in knitting,so I gave her a Learn to Knit kit that I bought in Costco, along with a skein of soft yarn to futz around with. I really wanted to be the one to show her what to do, but we didn't have time. I am sure she will do ok though, as she used to do various crafts.

After leaving them I drove to the Festival Flea Market in Pompano, 'cause I heard that they had a yarn store inside. They do and it's great. They have lots of funky yarns. Of course, they are pricey, but REALLY nice. I ordered a very soft alpaca blend to make a scarf for my brother Randy in OKC. I plan to use the new stitch that I learned at the Knitnightouters meeting last night. The owner of the shop was wearing a really pretty lavender top. I admired it and eventually purchased the yarn, but in the only color she had left - coral - with which to make a top for my mom for her 80th birthday. The yarn is Araucania Nature Cotton. My mom looks good in oranges so I think this will look very pretty on her.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Creative Genius? said…

    I just love that brand of yarn - that is what I made the white poncho out of.... I have six skeins in purple/blue that I need a pattern out of... what's the one for grandma like?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home