Devine site

A little bit about my day, my family, and my knitting.

Friday, January 07, 2005

CLOSED??? What a bummer!

I couldn't wait to get to The Gifting Tree to pick up the yarn that I ordered to make my brother's gray scarf. I wanted to wait until I could include the trip with my other errands, as it's a bit of a ride from my house. I finally arrived at 2:30, only to find that they were closed for inventory. I was able to speak to a woman working inside....through a mesh gate. She said that they had expected to be open but were not done yet. Gee - I didn't see her running to get my yarn and open the register, after I sadly told her that I had driven ALL THE WAY from Delray Beach just to pick up my yarn. Ok, so I fibbed a little, I didn't tell her that I had other stops, but the shop WAS the furthest from my house, two exits below my last errand. Guess I'll have to stop after work on Tuesday (Monday I am staying late at work to attend the Knitnightouters group.

The day wasn't a total loss, though. I had to go for a routine bloodtest today (had not fasted when I went for my checkup so I had to return early in the morning); picked up some books on CD and tape for my rides to and from work next week (been on vacation for two weeks - a nice teacher perk); stopped at the shoe repair shop, post office, laundramat to wash my dogs BIG bed, and then was rewarded by being taken to lunch by my hubby. After a short stint home I did my other errands, including the non-satisfying trip to the yarn shop.

The weather in S. Florida was beautiful today, so I rode with my convertible top down all day. And, being Friday, I got my nails manicured AND had a pedicure. Listen, ladies....we all need to treat ourselves right...right?

Yea - instead of our usual trip to the movies on Friday evenings, we are staying in tonight...after Gerry and his son-in-law Brian go to Home Depot. So I plan to work on mom's birthday present - the knitted top. I want to get that done so I can put it aside and finish the socks that I started - one half of a pair is done. Then I will be ready to start Randy's scarf, and make the scarf/belt out of Eros Glitz for Mom (what can I say? She admired the one I made for myself and....who could resist those longing eyes?).

Ah - finally learned how to work our new TIVO. Of course, Gerry mastered it day one. So I am now enjoying watching the recorded Oprahs and/or deleting them. I am not really a TV watcher so I forget to watch Oprah or other programs that I think might be good. Now I don't have to worry about missing anything! I just have to find the time to sit and watch what I recorded, in-between Gerry's watching, that is.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Creative Genius? said…

    Weclome to the wonderful world of Yarn Stores!!! They SUCK - no matter how good they are! I now try to shop online - not as fun as picking it out in person - but cheaper and the customer service is better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home